Slow feeding is quickly being accepted as a commonsense way to feed horses, as it comes closer to how nature intended. This healthier system regulates feed consumption while making sure feed is continually available. It reduces waste, herd issues, and health problems. Four years ago, a customer of ours attended a course with the Swedish Hoof Academy, and came to me with the idea of creating a product that would help horse owners. Slow Feed Nets was born.
Slow Feed Nets offer the following benefits:
• Horses cannot get their entire heads into the bale, thereby reducing respiratory problems.
• Hay is always available, and this mimics natural grazing.
• Smaller portions make the horse chew his feed better and slows down consumption.
• There’s very little wastage as the horse will eat whatever falls from the bag onto the ground.
• Any size of bag can be custom made for the customer.
• The webbing won’t shrink when left in the rain or snow.
• The nets have an added UV inhibitor and hold up very well to adverse weather conditions. In the unlikely event holes should arise, simply mend or tie them closed using the repair twine that comes with your order. Most Slow Feed Nets used under normal conditions retain their structural integrity for a minimum of two years.